DIY: Glittery Shoes

My cousin is getting married this weekend, and I am one of the bridesmaids. I have been having a hard time finding gold or navy shoes that are affordable and I'm able to walk in. As a last resort I decided to look for some nude or tan colored pumps and just attempt to make them gold myself. I found a super cute pair of tan Nine West pumps at Ross on clearance for $20 retailed for $80! This is a step by step tutorial on adding a glitter toe to your shoes. It only cost me just over $30 for the entire project!

What you will need:

- 1 pair of shoes that you want to glitter
- Masking tape (found this at home in the craft closet)
- Mod Podge (I used glossy)
- Extra fine glitter
- Mod Podge sealer (or any other kind of sealing spray)

Pumps: $20

Michaels Supplies: $11 (with coupon)
Step 1: Place making tape to make a straight line where you want the glitter to stop


Step 1
Step 2: Paint Mod Podge on the toe starting at the masking tape and moving away from it (so it doesn't get under the tape).

Step 2
Step 3: Sprinkle glitter over the Mod Podge, then shake it off gently.

Step 3

Step 4: Remove tape immediately, DO NOT LET DRY. Otherwise the tape may peel up the glitter with it.

You may have a few spots where you can see the original shoe through the glitter, so if necessary you can repeat steps 2 and 3 after the first layer is dry.

Step 5: Once you are totally finished glittering and the shoes are dry, spray with the mod podge sealer and let dry for a few hours. (try to spray only the glittery toe of the shoe)

Finished glittery shoes ready to be worn!
Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck!

I will post pictures after the wedding so you can see how the shoes look with the dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment