Health Kick

So recently I've gotten on this health kick....well let's get real. I go on "health kicks" often, but they never last very long. I'll make a statement that I need to start eating healthier and working out more often, then it will last for maybe a week or so. I bake cupcakes, cookies, etc. for Youth on Friday nights and that is usually when I start to fall back into my bad habits. I have to eat just one "to make sure it's ok" before I take the goodies to Youth. After I have the one I want more and usually give in later that night. This time what I'm trying to do is give myself healthy or not so bad alternatives to sweets that I love so much. I found this recipe for Paleo Chocolate and I've learned to love it when I get a sweet craving. I have included the recipe below. It is definitely an acquired taste, but the more you eat it instead of "bad" sweets or chocolate the better it gets. I think giving myself alternatives will actually help when I have cravings or want to binge. 




Paleo Chocolate

1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup high quality cocoa powder
1/2 cup smooth almond butter
1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Melt coconut oil.  Blend all ingredients together in a food processor or blender.  Pour into paper-lined muffin tin cups or silicon muffin cups and fill half-inch full.  Makes 10.  Chill for 30 minutes or freeze for 10 minutes.  When firm, remove.  Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator.
Sometimes I will add coconut or oats to it to give it a bit more substance. 


I've also tried to come up with a way to keep myself working out more consistently. I want to buy this pair of pants, but I want to buy them in a smaller size than I currently wear. 




In order to do that I have to workout, and stay consistent long enough to go down an entire pants size. So to keep myself motivated I put the money for the pants in savings, and made myself a deal that if I completed Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred I would buy the pants. I made a little chart to mark off everyday that I complete so I can track my progress. I don't have to do it 30 days straight, but stay consistent enough to actually see results. We will see how this goes, but I think it might actually work! Who knows...maybe it will even become a lifestyle!

What are some ways you keep yourself motivated and consistent?

On a side note, I got a new blog design from Miss Audrey Sue Designs and I love it! She is awesome! What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment