The City
Our first few weeks here in Australia were really cold and rainy so we weren't able to get out and do much. We went to the Blue Mountains one day, but wanted to see the city and venture around a little more. Last week we decided to get out of the house and tour the Sydney Harbor with Kyle's cousin Josh and our friend Ally aka Scratches (we've adopted her as our little sister). It was a great day packed full of fun! We rode the train into the city, it's kinda like Marta, but not as sketchy. Thank goodness Josh was with us to help us train hop to get there. When we arrived we walked around the harbor admiring the Opera House, Sydney Harbor Bridge, and the Royal Botanical Gardens. It's such a beautiful place!
I was bummed that I didn't have my camera with me, but got some decent pictures with my iPhone.

Our view from the bridge

Me and "Scratches"
For lunch we ate at an amazing restaurant called Pancakes on the Rocks. Talk about some delicious pancakes! It gets dark pretty early around here right now so we headed home after we ate. To end our day we came home to a taco night at our house with a bunch of friends thanks to Pam and Micah Bearden.
Coffee Time!
We got a package in the mail this week! Thank you Pam Grantham for sending us American coffee & creamer! We had no clue before we came that all the coffee here is instant. I don't think I've ever been so excited to have a cup of coffee! Not having certain foods and things that were at my fingertips back home makes me super appreciative of all I have to come back to. Don't get me wrong, we do love it here, but there's nothing like eating a good ole country cooked meal with family. I already can't wait to see everyone when we come home in December!
Whelp, that's all I have for today. I'll be posting some items from the Hannahmade Homegoods Etsy page soon, so be sure to check back often.









I love love love this post!
ReplyDeleteSincerely, scratches