Learning and Growing
Sunday morning Kyle and I went to a Hillsong extension service in Merrylands and fell in love with the people. It just feels like a big family.We are hoping to get involved there by serving with the youth or really wherever they need us. It's so exciting to be getting plugged in and being used. I can't wait to see what The Lord does and how he uses us to reach the people in Merrylands. Sunday night we attended the evening service at the main campus, and they had all the new student come down to the front for the church to pray over. Before they prayed the pastor was saying that if The Lord could have done what he wanted to do with you back home he wouldn't have brought you here to Hillsong. That really touched Kyle and I. We really are here for a reason whether God just wants to teach us how to be leaders, how to serve, or really anything else. I am so excited for this new journey!
I was able to attend one of Kyle's intensive classes yesterday on Teamwork and Authority. The teacher of the class was the principal of the college - Lee Burns, and it was awesome! He used an example by having some guys get on their knees and build a human pyramid. He then told them to do it upside down (with one guy in the bottom and build up in reverse).
He said this is what a leader should do, get under his team and build them up. He used an example of Jesus starting at the bottom by being born in human form.
Christ Jesus, who though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped,
but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
Phillipians 2:6-7
He also said that everything true of a leader is true of the team, and everything true of Jesus should be true of the church. I was just so excited that I was able to attend this class and understand a little more about being a leader in the church. One day I will be able to apply these principals... ;)
This morning I attended Sisterhood which is the women's service on Thursday mornings. Bobbie Houston spoke about her favorite hash tag #thykingdomcome. She talked about living with a Spirit of release, not holding anything or anyone back, because it is all for the kingdom. It was so encouraging, I think every mother(especially with children called into the ministry) should listen to her message.
I am so blessed to have the opportunity to be constantly surrounded by people of God with such great wisdom and knowledge of the word. And the worship is unbelievable! I know I have learned and grown so much already in the 5 weeks that we have been here. I know there is still so much more to come and I can't wait!

Hey guys! Finally got a moment to catch up with your post and it was great reading! Thanks for sharing your lives and allowing me to share your adventure that God has started you both on. I admire you both and I will continue to pray that His work in you both will continue. You guys are AWESOME and such a blessing to me. Take care! Billy
ReplyDelete