Real Life Australia

Well last week was the start of "real life" for us. Kyle started school and I started my new job, but we were still able to find time to hangout with our friends. It was a great week altogether! Last Tuesday I had my first training at Hairhouse Warehouse which consisted of cutting clothes, makeup, accessories, and hairstyles out of a magazine to create "my work style". It is very different than I am used to because image is so important to them. I am required to wear 90% black and of course the only black piece of clothing I brought is a cardigan; therefore I had to go shopping before my first workday! So when Kyle was at his worship audition Ally and I went shopping.


She got all ready for school and I got an outfit for work. I worked Thursday and Friday, then off for the weekend!

Monique's Birthday


Our housemates Dane and Christy introduced us to a some wonderful new friends - Gav and Monique. They invited us over to celebrate Monique's birthday, and they know how to do a party! Not only was the food & cake delicious, but we played party games like Musical Present (unwrap one layer when the music stops) and The Game of Things. I don't think I've had that much food in a while, we got little spoiled... ;)

I just thought it was neat that they had a lemon tree in the backyard...

...and a palm tree

These were only our starters!

The boys were BBQing

Happy Birthday Monique!

Steak Dinner

We both got sunglasses playing the musical present game

Monique's rainbow birthday cake

We had a great time hanging out and celebrating with them, and can't wait for more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment